Sunday, March 30, 2014

Updating Fail

I don't know what to write. I just know that I want to. When I first started this blog I loved it. I was motivated and ready to post and share about fitness- but something has changed. My life isn't just about focusing on fitness anymore. My life is about my whole well being and this is why I believe I haven't been able to continue posting. Since my son was born 7 months ago my time and energy had to be invested in learning how to be a mom, a wife, a teacher, a friend and a person. I've been trying to find the new me. I felt like I couldn't continue to write a blog about losing weight when that is not what I have been focusing on.

I miss writing though. There are times when I'm holding my son and the urge to write and share my feelings about a sweet baby snuggled up with me is so strong I want to jump on my computer at that moment so my fingers can fly across the  keys and record every moment so it's never forgotten. My outlet used to be writing.Lord knows I need an outlet. When I sit down and reflect on my day or what's really on my mind I feel at peace. Clarity comes to me when I write and then I can go on with my day. It's therapeutic. When I was young I was told that writing was my "thing" and I abandoned it. I haven't taken the time to get better or to write about what matters to me most.

This blog will no longer be about just losing weight since it is just one aspect of my life. It's going to be a record of what's happening in my life. Perhaps one person will connect for a moment that reflects on life after having a baby, or maybe it will be about the moment when you just wish your hair would look the way you want it to because you're really not mad about your hair but it's just one more thing that isn't going the way you planned. I just need to write again and maybe then the updates will occur more.

Hugs and love,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment