Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The Great Wait

Tomorrow is the day. After 9 months of waiting my baby boy is supposed to enter the world. Ha, what a joke! This little guy is too comfy for his own good. He likes his current home and is choosing to hold tight. I've sent him an eviction notice because I want him out, but I don't think he cares. So if I don't see him within the next 7 days I will have to be induced. At this point and time I have no problem with it. I just want to see his chubby cheeks and adorable nose in person. 

I just have to survive the waiting...

There is only so much a person can do. I wake up each morning thinking, "Well today I am going to go to the store, check in on my grandma and see what my parents are up to." Then I eat my breakfast and realize I am just plain miserable, which I am allowed to be at 40 weeks pregnant, and I'm lucky if I make it next door to my parents' house. I now have come to enjoy watching morning talk shows, I know when Full House reruns are on, and I've even become addicted to Castle. That's what I do during the day. Then there is the evening, which is long. Yesterday the hubs and I broke out Battleship. Out of three rounds, I won once. The man beat me with some sneaky moves. By the time this little guy comes I'll be the game master.

One thing I do not have to wait for anymore is my Belly Bandit. If any moms-to-be are reading check this link out: http://www.bellybandit.com

So basically it's a binder that you wear after delivery. It's supposed to help shrink everything back to size and also give you support. I'm under no illusion that my 240lb self is going to magically shrink in size because of this binder, but if helps with the recovery process then I am all for it. Really I got it because I wanted the support and to feel like I have a buffer between my sore body and the world. I figured if I had something that made me feel comfortable about my body post baby and offered support then I'd feel like going walking much sooner. Should my belly and hips shrink in the process then it's a cherry on top of the sundae called life. 

I ordered the Belly Bandit since there was a good deal going on. I got the Couture Belly Bandit in plaid because I love plaid and have a slight obsession with Scotland. The website offers other things, like support bands to wear during pregnancy. If you are interested you should check it out!

Back to the waiting game now. It would be lovely if baby boy would actually show up tomorrow. I think my chances of winning the lotto are greater! Off to look up some Battleship strategies. 

Hugs and love to you all. 




No comments:

Post a Comment