Thursday, August 1, 2013

Things I'm Looking Forward To Enjoying Again

It's Thursday night and I should be going to bed. Seriously, I'm working on about four and half hours of sleep. I think it's very cruel that in a woman's last trimester that she is so uncomfortable she has a hard time sleeping. From what everyone keeps reminding me, I am going to be sleep deprived for a while. So why does the sleep deprivation have to occur now?

Nine months is a long time to go without something. I realized that there were things I would have to give up because they could affect a growing baby. I grumbled and moaned when I decided against eating turkey cold cuts. I cursed the world when diet soda was no longer part of my beverage selections. Through all the grumbling and the cursing deep down I was okay with it because I knew I was doing what was best to make little man healthy. However, I am now three weeks away from him being here and I am giddy - YES GIDDY- with excitement about the things I will be able to enjoy again.

Aside from looking forward to working out again and becoming a mom (of course!) I cannot wait to enjoy the things on this list again. So without further explanation here is my list of Things I'm Looking Forward to Enjoying Again:

1. Turkey Sub - I have stayed away from cold cuts, except roast beef because it doesn't taste gross when heated, because I have been fearful of listeria. Yeah, if there was the tiniest bit of room for something to go wrong because I ate a food that could maybe, possibly hurt my baby then I stayed away from it. I've missed my turkey subs and look forward to having one right after delivery. I'm not joking! The hubs has directions to get me one the moment I can have food. This mama doesn't need anything fancy. No push present. Just a turkey sub.

2. Diet Soda/Crystal Light - Can I just say I am proud of the fact that I am no longer a slave to diet drinks? I've really liked my water these last nine months. I've turned drinking the recommended amount into a game. With that said, I still want to enjoy Crystal Light and Diet Soda from time to time without feeling guilty about it. This past Easter we had dinner at my grandma's  and I almost went into full melt-down mode because all she had to drink was diet iced tea and soda. It was a special dinner and I wanted something different to drink with it. Oh man the hormones! I prevailed and drank my water. I think I'll have a diet Coke with my turkey sub.

3. Coffee - I love me some coffee. Iced, hot, blended...yum! Now, from what I've researched and what I've been told it is okay to have a certain amount of caffeine a day while pregnant. I followed that recommendation because the thought of waking up in the morning and not having a cup of coffee made me frown. Then one day I had iced tea (which had caffeine in it) and my heart sped up. That had never happened before pre-pregnancy so I freaked out a bit because it wasn't a pleasant feeling. Now all I've been drinking if I do have coffee is decaf. But then I ask myself, "What is the point?" Starbucks Pumpkin Spiced latte has my name written all over it this fall!

Aside from hot fudge sundaes and french fries, I really haven't craved anything. Even those two things were on occasion. But boy oh boy did I lust over the things I couldn't have. It may seem silly, but I really can't wait to enjoy my sub and soda without feeling guilty. I know I can't go overboard with them and I don't think I will.

After thinking about these things that I just can't wait to eat I should start thinking about healthy food now to counteract it all! After I get a good night's sleep.

Night all!


No comments:

Post a Comment