Sunday, June 29, 2014

ipsy Glam Bag- June Review

Where did June go? It seemed like it was taking forever for the month to arrive, then it did and now I have people asking me what my plans are for July 4th. Um...I don't know. I can't even keep track of what day it is since school let out.
I borrowed this from a friends FB page because it's so true!
Now that you are well aware of how I lose track of time during the summer months, you'll forgive me for my late-ish ispy Glam Bag review post. I've been too busy enjoying it!

This month's theme was "Pretty in Paradise". How perfect is the bag? Too perfect- I'm in love with it. The colors are just calling to me. I could stare it for hours thinking of all the great island getaways I want to go on. My bag featured (I'm listing produce from left to right- sort)   Marc Anthony Dream Waves Beach SprayBe A Bombshell Lashout Mascara, NYX Butter Gloss in Crème Brulee, Realtree for Her fragrance, and OFRA Universal Eye Brow Pencil. Honestly, I enjoyed all of my treats. My favorite item has been the the gloss. I love the simple color along with the shiny, smooth finish.

Then, if I'm ranking from my favorite to least favorite, the hair spray comes next. I'm living in a Florida summer. That means hot, sticky weather with the daily thunderstorm. Even though it's sticky hot outside want to look nice, but I don't want to deal with blow drying and straightening my hair. It's too darn hot. The spray has been my best friend for styling my hair. Wash, towel dry, spray, and bam! I've got great looking beach waves.

Coming in third place is the fragrance. It's smells pretty, sophisticated and flowery. It was a refreshing change from what I usually wear which is fruity or woodsy. My hubs even liked it.

The mascara- I have a love/hate relationship with it. I was in need of some new mascara when I got my bag. I thought it was going to be a match made in heaven. A perfect match it has not been. First I had to get over the smell, once I got over it I liked how it applied and my lashes looked nice. Then there were moments when my eyes got watery and itchy. I couldn't figure out what was going on because allergies don't tend to bother me; then it dawned on me that my eyes got watery and itchy when I wore the mascara. This reaction could just be me. I don't think I'll be buying it again once it runs out.

Last, but not least is the brow pencil. There was nothing wrong with it. I just wasn't excited about it like everything else. It applies nicely and I have used it almost every time I've applied my make-up since getting it. I like that it has a beeswax base. Personally, I haven't given much thought to brow pencils. They seem to work so perhaps I will use them more often.

So there it is. My Glam Bag review. Here's a recap: DO get the NYX Butter Gloss and the Marc Anthony Dream Waves Beach Spray. If you're looking for a fragrance change Realtree for Her is the way to go. Be A Bombshell mascara could go either way. And if you like eyebrow pencils than ORFA  Universal Eye Brow pencil could be for you!

Links to find the product:
NYX Butter Gloss - http://www.nyxcosmetics.com/
Marc Anthony Dream Waves Beach Spray - http://www.walgreens.com/
Be A Bombshell Lashout Mascara- http://beabombshellcosmetics.com/
Realtree for Her- http://www.realtreebeauty.com/
OFRA Universal Eye Brow Pencil- http://ofracosmetics.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment