Sunday, May 25, 2014

ipsy Glam Bag - May Glam Bag Review

Happy Saturday! The Baby Monster and I were up bright and early this Saturday morning because he doesn't understand that he can sleep in on weekends. I think my hubs has him trained. All this week they both slept in until 7-7:30 a.m. while I got ready for work. The hubs goes to work this morning and the Baby Monster is wide awake at 6:15. Why?! He's currently chilling with his friend Mickey Mouse, so I have a few moments to write. Okay, here it goes...

Okay, I'm just going to put it out there. I fail at being a girl. My hair hardly looks great because it's mostly up in pony tails. I try to figure out how to do cute braids, but only end up frustrated when my fingers become tangled in the frizzy mess. Sometimes I can pull off a cute outfit, however it's the result of going shopping with one of my friends who I enlist as my personal shopper. She just "gets it". I never thought I'd own a pair of skinny jeans. I'm in Khol's for two hours with her and I come home with a pair of skinny jeans that I love! Then there is a makeup. I love makeup. Makeup doesn't love me. It's like a foreign language that I've been trying to learn and can never quite understand it. There is so much product out there! I never know what to get or what works for me because I hate spending the money on something and wind up hating; so when one of my friends told me about ipsy when we went out for coffee I was all over it. 

For just a $10 subscription I get the chance to try out beauty products that I never knew about, let alone would have thought to use each month. The products are mailed to you in a fun Glam Bag that is personalized for you after taking a short quiz. This month I received my first Glam Bag. I couldn't wait for it arrive. Check out ipsy so you can subscribe for your own Glam Bag.


Being that this was my first ipsy experience, I had to snap a shot of the adorable bright fuchsia packaging my Glam Bag was mailed in. And just look at my Glam Bag! I love the print. I just realized I forgot to include a picture of the Hang Ten Classic Sport sunscreen with the rest of my loot. Never fear! I'm here to review the contents of my bag and that means more pictures.

LA Fresh Travel Lite Face Cleansing Wipes- It was nice to see these in my Glam Bag. I had never heard of this company or product before so I was game to try it out. As the packaging suggests it is oil-free. The wipes had clean scent that was not overpowering like some makeup remover wipes I have tried in the past. My face felt pretty smooth after, but when I accidentally wiped my lips there was a slight burning sensation. Would I purchase them again? Probably not. I have a cleanser that I have been using for a few years now and love. If I'm traveling I'll pack it with me. If I forgot my cleanser and had to go the store where I saw this product, then maybe that would be the only time I'd purchase it.

Hang Ten Classic Sport SPF50- When trying out new sunscreen I'm hesitant. My skin is sensitive and I go back to the summer when my aunt slathered on Banana Boat sunscreen while we spent a day at the pool and my skin just burned! Not from the sun, but from the sunscreen. Hang Ten was gentle and I did not have a reaction. It feels light upon application unlike some sunscreens that feel heavy when you're trying to rub them on. It was also not greasy. This would be great for wearing under makeup.I did not know this product existed, but now that I know I may try out a full sized spray version if I can find it at my local stores. Neutrogena is my sunscreen of choice. The price seemed reasonable for the spray version.

Pacifica Mineral Eyeshadow Duo- I love eyeshadow. There are so many pretty colors out there. This Pacifia color is no exception. I received Duo #2 which is called Moonbeam & Unicorn (my inner Disney is going, "Oooh, so magical."). I am all for mineral makeup so I was excited to see this in my Glam Bag. The colors have a shimmer effect and very pigmented, you just have to make sure you don't put it on too lightly. A little pressure is needed, but don't hurt your eyeballs! I liked it.

Olive Natural Beauty The Olive Lip Balm- Finally, we made it to the first of my favorite products from this month's Glam Bag. Once again, never heard of this company before (see a pattern?). I have a basket in my bedroom that as a collection of lip balms that I forget about and then remember I bought them when I clean out my purses every couple of months. I will never forget that I have this lip balm in my purse. It's awesome! I'm trying to invest in more natural products where I can. This is one product I can commit to. I love the rosemary scent and flavor of this lip balm. Once applied my lips have instant relief. They get dried out in the summer months, which in FL is NOW. It is also a reasonable price at $5.95 for a tube according the company's website. That works for me because I don't go through lip balm quickly. This product will always be in my purse.

Pur-Lisse Pur-Moist Hydra Balance Moisturizer - What a gem this Glam Bag goodie turned out to be! I LOVE this product. I've been on the search for a great moisturizer and settled on Olay (which I like), but this blows it out the water for me. After a shower I look forward to applying this following my cleanser. I feel like I'm at a fancy spa. It's gentle, smells great (very fresh and light), non-greasy, and just glides on. There wasn't a sign of a reaction after the first use. I love how my skins feels after I apply. My only disappointment is the price that the full sized product costs. When I checked out their website a tube of this awesome moisturizer is $55. I just can't budget for that. This product will have to go on my Christmas, Anniversary or Birthday list when my hubs asks me what I want. Until then, it's Olay for me. If you can afford this awesome moisturizer go for it! You won't regret it.

Whew, that was a lot of reviewing, but I was happy to. And by the way, in no way do I get anything for reviewing these. I happen upon a lot of great products and ideas through reading blogs which I think is neat. If I can even help one person like me, who wants to have a clue about beauty products but doesn't know where to begin, then I did good!

No comments:

Post a Comment