Saturday, June 9, 2012

Concession Stand Confessions

Today is the first day of summer! To celebrate, the hubs took me to see Snow White and the Huntsman. It was an awesome movie. I enjoyed every moment of it. Chris Hemsworth is to die for. Also, for those of you who are not a fan of Kristin Stewart because of Twilight movies, let it go and watch her newest film. She did a great job playing Snow White!

Anyway, I headed into the theater telling myself I would only get a diet soda. I ordered Jimmy Johns for lunch so there was no need to even think about popcorn once I got to the theater. I faltered. Instead of popcorn I bought a candy. Now, I was still able to count it because I had enough points, but I really feel stupid because I purchased the darn candy.

Why do I have the need to snack on something while I watch a  movie? It's ridiculous! I wind up finishing any snack before the movie begins anyway because it's too tempting to leave it alone during the previews. If I have the compulsion to munch while watching a movie, then I need to plan ahead because I am too weak to withstand the concession stand. Seriously, I'll bring in a huge bag of celery to munch on. Or pop my own darn popcorn.

So while I'm watching the movie, munching on my REESE'S PIECES, I study Snow White as a stream of thoughts just ramble on through my head. Wow, I wish I was locked in a tower at least I would be on a restricted diet. I'd be dead in the Dark Forest because I could only run for five seconds before I keel over and die. Oh, and a huntsman would never come to my rescue looking like I do. I wonder why there can't be a fat princess who saves the day.  All of this because I failed to stay away from the candy. It ruined my mood for at least two hours so that meant some retail therapy.

Do any of you feel the need to eat while watching a movie? Is it an American thing? Perhaps some of the weight that hasn't been lost will be scared right off of me when the hubs takes me to see Prometheus


No comments:

Post a Comment