Sunday, June 3, 2012

Cough Free is the Way to Be

I'm finally feeling better. Since Thursday I've felt like I was going to die. I would never wish the kind of sinus pressure I had on my worst enemy. I seriously thought that my head was going to explode! I think I will have to have a quick lesson with my students on how to cover your cough with your hand. I got coughed on all day Friday while I did some reading assessments. I used up half a bottle of hand sanitizer. My husband had fun pointing out how horrible I looked too, but made sure to say, "I'm sorry you feel like crap." Men- they always know when to say the right things. But to be fair I'm pretty sure I did look like this:

So last time I posted I made a list of goals for the week. Since my Weight Watcher weeks begins on a Thursday my health goals begin on a Thursday too, just in case you were wondering if I understood that usually a new week begins on a Sunday. My mind works in weird ways. This is what my list looks like now-

1. Stick to tracking my Points.
2. Sign up for spin and Zumba classes.
3. Make a visual reminder of my weight loss goal.
4. Write down a mini goal.


This is how serious I am about making a lifestyle change. I am willingly going to give up two days a week to wake up early and work out. I LOVE to sleep in when I can since I have to get up early for the work week.  Sure, two days doesn't seem like a big deal, but I'm waking up early to go to a spin class. The last time I got on a bicycle was to ride three laps around our recreational park and I thought I was going to heave. The lovely new bike I purchased then sat on the porch for three years becoming a spider's dream home. Big change for me. Spin class is from 8:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. Then I get a bit of a break and I am doing Zumba Toning from 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. Starting June 18th, I'm sure I'll have plenty of embarrassing stories (yet funny to everyone else) to share.

And my mini weight loss goal has been decided. Last time I joined Weight Watchers I decided to shoot for losing 10% of my weight. However, back then I was 198 when I joined and that seemed more attainable to me. I lost that within a month. With the weight I am at now I did the math and laughed because I knew that would feel like forever. So I decided on 5% which is still a good 12.35 pounds. I would like to lose that as quickly as possible.

So now that I am feeling better it is time to do my nails because I haven't done them in a while. I think I can manage to paint one hand without coughing and messing up my work. It's also a good way to keep busy and not shove food in my mouth because who wants bread crumbs stuck in their polish?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment