Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Wall Workout

In my ever continuing search to find some kind of work out routine that is fun, challenging, and something I will want to do; I came across a pin for a "wall work out". It looked simple enough so I thought I'd save it to try it out. Here's the link in case anyone is interested. The wall work out.

My sister came over today so I could help make play dough for the day care she works at. While waiting for the play dough to cool, because you have to cook it so it turns into the play dough consistency we all know and love, I decided to try out the wall workout that I saved. Thank goodness my sister did not have a camera on her since what she witnessed could have been considered black mail material.

The photo from the article featured on Prevention.com made this work out look elegant. For example, this lovely lady looked lean and elongated.
Pictured: elegance while working out.
 However, I am pretty sure I looked like this if my sister's laughter and my cat's persistent  meowing meant anything.



Pictured: what I felt like- a fluffy rollie pollie



I managed to do the first three exercises before my back cried out in pain, begging me to stop. Fair enough. I've been pretty sedentary for the past year. My back was probably shocked by the extra stress. It hasn't been used to doing hard work in a while. So one of my new goals for this upcoming Weight Watchers week is to the same three exercises that I started today without my back feeling like it wants to snap in two.

What do you think about this workout? Is it something you would try? Let me know! I'm off to dream land now so I can be refreshed for round two of my Resume Run to more of the local schools. Night all!



1 comment:

  1. I love your blog Karen! You have totally motivated me to start one soon :)

    ReplyDelete