Monday, November 3, 2014

Thirty Days of Thankfulness: Days 1-3

Thanksgiving has become one of my favorite holidays in the last couple of years. I enjoy the history behind it and I love the message that it brings front and center each year. While I am thankful for the people and blessings I have in my life, it's just nice to really focus on those blessings during a special time each year. For me, this time of year, Thanksgiving, is a time of reflection. Instead of celebrating a bountiful harvest, it's a celebration of the blessings I received and using them to  move forward. With that being said, here are my first three blessings that I am thankful for.

Day 1- I am thankful for my husband. He loves me unconditionally. He thinks I'm beautiful, smart, and perfect.Some days a girl just needs that validation because getting through each day is though. A person could lose themselves in it all, but he makes sure I'm always on the correct path.  Everyday he reassures me that I'm the one for him, and not everyone can say they have that. I am thankful for my best friend.

Day 2- I am thankful for stories. Whether they are told by family members, friends, movies or book, a story is special.  The ability to slip away into another world, real or imaginary, is a gift. It's also fun!

Day 3- I am thankful for the snuggles and cuddles from a sweet toddler. Everything in my world is put into place when I can hold my son in my arms. It's a privilege to know the feeling of trust and love without any hesitation.


No comments:

Post a Comment