Sunday, November 9, 2014

Thirty Days of Thankfulness: Days 6,7,8 and 9

Can we just press the pause button? I need to catch my breath and try to wrap my head around the fact that by Friday we are halfway through the month. Why does time accelerate as we get older? I can't figure out why it had to turn out like that. Even more reason to be thankful for all of the little things!

Day 6- I am thankful for my students. I don't remember if I've already mentioned them, but if so it's okay because I am truly grateful and privileged to be their teacher. My kindergarten students are sweet, hilarious and offer me the best perspective on life. They remind me not to get caught up in life and just stop and smell the roses!

Day 7- I am thankful for my wonderful, amazing and beautiful fellow teacher and friend, Livie. We've been teaching together for three years now and I couldn't imagine doing it without her. She makes me a better teacher and person. She's a saint. A girl needs good friend in her life. I'm proud to call her mine!

Day 8- I am thankful for my friend Danielle. I'm so happy we wound up having classes together in college. She's an amazing! She's also a force to be reckoned with. I'm also proud to call her my friend. I think it will be a lifelong friendship- who else can I obsess over Once Upon A Time and Harry Potter with?

Day 9- I am thankful for my son's smile. He's at that stage where he wants to show affection, but only on his terms. When he smiles at me my breath stops, my heart is ready to burst and I want to cry. He's a gift from God. His smile is going to change the world.

Tomorrow is a Monday. I'm making a promise to myself not to get caught up in the Monday Blues, but to take it on with a positive attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment